Wednesday, July 6, 2011

One more pair of feet on the world...

Nowadays whenever I open my gmail account, I see only links in my friends status. And when I open it, I wonder...So he also started?

Yes, almost all my friends started blogging, suddenly this summer...

What is happening?
Is this some new way to relax after that hectic fourth semester?
Does writing blogs add something to their resume? ( That sounds like a good reasoning...given my friends are from IIT )

Why don't I also join the list?

But other questions started emerging...
Why blogging?
What to blog about?
What if others don't like it?
What if it is just plain stupid?

I started reading my friends blogs...
Hmmm....Some of them were superb, some were really silly.

Then I asked my room mate... 'Hey, why are you blogging?'

I was afraid if he will start irritating me with his PJ's. ( He does a lot. Sadly being his room mate I have to bear them ) . But he was very enthusiastic after I asked him that. He gave me some nice links which talk about ' Why should I blog?' . Most of my questions were answered.

Its a place to express yourself...What if no one reads? ( Well, at last you came to the rescue. ) Doesn't matter...You just express your thoughts...

People just don't think about others...They just blog...And there is always someone out there who will like the blog...

OK. That is motivational enough.Fine then. I shall start blogging....

I started creating an account in blogger and stuff and it was ready....But wait. What am I gonna blog about?

Nothing came to my mind...Time kept passing by... Well nothing....

Later that day, it strike me:
Why don't I start with my experience of how I decided to blog....

And that's how it all started...

I am planning to write more. ( Even if you have decided to never come back here... :))
I will share my thoughts, experiences. Hope you had nice time reading this.

Waiting for your comments...

For those who wanted to know where I got the 'motivation', here are some of the links:

http://weblogs.about.com/od/startingablog/tp/Top-Ten-Reasons-to-Blog.htm
http://codebetter.com/jeremymiller/2008/01/26/should-i-blog/

9 comments:

  1. And here comes Vikram to the rescue ! Nice man. Congrats !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog color theme + Blog title = nice combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol...Just a coincidence....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hyperlink the last two links da. You can edit the post. Nice start. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking for ideas ?
    Blog about interesting stuff that you get on lan da.
    It would be helpful for entire IITM community :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like my mind's exact feelings right now..! I joined here few days back and I too thought of writing about 'my blog starting' story!! :P

    ReplyDelete